BioClinica's OnPoint CTMS improves clinical trial management by helping sponsors easily centralize and share trial data. OnPoint's unique Office-Smart design maximizes a sponsor's existing investment in Microsoft technologies by letting users access, update, and report on clinical trial data from within the familiar environment of Microsoft Office and SharePoint. Using SharePoint as a collaborative portal, OnPoint's web services integration with other clinical trial management products provides an end-to-end clinical trial management system solution. This approach lessens the financial impact of trial management, greatly enhances user adoption, and helps avoid the pitfalls of outdated, legacy CTMS products.
CTMS Software Native Integration with SharePoint
Microsoft SharePoint is the premier tool for sharing information. That's why OnPoint CTMS software was designed from the very beginning to utilize SharePoint for data storage. While the data resides in OnPoint, SharePoint provides easy access in a familiar interface that can be customized. This lets users access, update, and report on clinical trial data without having to be trained on OnPoint, log in, or pay for a license. In fact, it's such a valuable tool that other CTMS products are designed to duplicate what SharePoint does. If you already have SharePoint, why would you pay more for a mimic?
Many companies will claim they can populate data into SharePoint. Few can do it right. If the clinical trial management system was not designed specifically to work with SharePoint, it can easily misunderstand data and cause errors, such as mistaking a date for text. Mistakes like this can invalidate exports, disrupt workflows, and cause signification downstream implications. Because OnPoint CTMS was designed to utilize SharePoint and other Microsoft products from the beginning, there are no issues. When a user performs functions such as "Connect to Outlook" or "Export to Excel", it performs flawlessly.
Site Monitoring Made Easy
BioClinica was awarded a Microsoft Life Sciences Innovation Award for creating the OnPoint CTMS "Monitor Visit Report" which makes it easier for clinical site monitors to enter essential study information with or without an internet connection. By synchronizing local Word documents through SharePoint, the data becomes a connected list which is then transferred and updated within OnPoint CTMS. Site monitors can complete forms anywhere and synchronize the data with the web-based CTMS system whenever internet connectivity is present. This feature alone can save thousands of hours and dramatically reduce clinical trial costs.
BioClinica's OnPoint CTMS Solution Increases Efficiency with:
- Streamlined Training: OnPoint's interconnectivity with Microsoft products makes it easy for any computer user to interact with the data.
- Increased Adoption: Staff can do much of their work within the familiar environment of Microsoft Office such as manage their calendars and tasks in Outlook.
- Cost Saving: SharePoint integration helps decrease the cost for large implementations by granting access to trial information through SharePoint rather than directly through OnPoint CTMS.
- Access to Data: You are in control - with on-demand exports, there's no need to contact BioClinica when you need a report.
- Offline Reporting: The award-winning Site Monitor Visit Report makes it easier for clinical site monitors to enter essential study information with or without an internet connection.
- Clinical Payment Manager: OnPoint CTMS reduces the time necessary for payment and makes the process easier with budget management and exchange rate accounting.
- Configurable Terminology: OnPoint lets sponsors use the terminology that works best for their study, such as "Subject" versus "Patient" or "Contact Type" verses "Contact Value."
- Stable, Customizable Technology: Unlike many competing systems, OnPoint was designed with the understanding that each study is different. When a trial calls for customization, we can easily add fields or features in a fraction of the time (and a fraction of the cost) of older, outdated clinical trial management systems.
- Integration: OnPoint's ability to exchange information across multiple systems, including BioClinica Express EDC, makes it a vital part of any complete trial solution.