Modern clinical trials require sophisticated planning. Global logistics, complex trial designs, and delicate investigative compounds are just a few of the factors that make accurate clinical trial supply management a difficult task. BioClinica Optimizer clinical trial supply management solution not only helps forecast supply needs, it can simulate trials by taking into account the various issues that can alter clinical supply chain needs. These results can be analyzed to create the ideal clinical trial supply chain by eliminating unnecessary overages, minimizing drug waste, and reducing trial costs. If a study utilizes clinical trial supplies that require any kind of special dosing or handling – complex dosing, dosing titration, multiple dosing, dosing with comparable drugs, expensive drugs, temperature-sensitive drugs – BioClinica’s Optimizer will help minimize the cost and maximize efficiency.
Start with Clinical Trial Optimization
Clinical trial optimization finds your unpredictable demand over time and helps determine how much drug is needed, when it’s needed, and where to place it. Finding your maximum unpredictable demand over time allows you to change your minimum stock levels as the study progresses. From there, users can define floors (the amount a site needs to cover unpredictable events) and ceilings (the maximum amount of product that will be sent to a site).
Optimization alone will only solve half of the clinical trial supply problem as it does not take into account situations that will alter demand over the course of the study. Clinical trial simulation is the key to making the most accurate prediction possible.
Predict with Clinical Trial Simulation
Clinical trial simulation is a process that replicates a real-world environment in order to predict actual supply demand. Simulation lets sponsors identify and control situations such as clinical trial supply crises, study delays, and unnecessary overages before they happen. Simulation puts a level of control in your hands that lets you to fine tune variables like enrollment, supply, and costs to map out the ideal clinical trial supply chain.
Global Clinical Trial Supply Management Experience and Service
The BioClinica Optimizer team brings years of experience to clinical trial supply management and forecasting. In fact, many of our employees have worked in clinical supply chain management for some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies. They know the right questions to ask when dealing with suppliers and distribution providers to ensure all needs are met.
There are several different ways companies can utilize Optimizer. In some cases, our team will use trial information to forecast clinical trial supply needs, run various simulations, and develop a comprehensive supply plan based on discussions with the trial sponsor. Many of our larger customers have integrated Optimizer into their regular trial process and have dedicated personal that use the software every day.
With BioClinica Optimizer You Get:
- Shipping Recommendations: Optimizer can help determine the best method for shipping supplies by taking into account not only cost, but other factors such as package size, resupply timeline, and international tracking.
- Certification Program: Helps companies maximize their investment by teaching users how to get the most of Optimizer.
- Kit Labeling: Optimizer is built to handle the most complex kit configurations, accounting not only for investigative compounds but other items such as devices, instruction notebooks, and the various other items that can go into a study kit.
- Ongoing Support: Supply needs can changes over the course of the study. Optimizer provides tools to analyze and adjust the clinical trial supply chain based on actual usage.
- Pooled Supply: Not only can it lower costs through clinical supply pooling, Optimizer can tag pooled drugs for a specific protocol.
- Crisis Mitigation: Optimizer can be used to easily redistribute supplies from one depot to another should unforeseen issues cause an emergency.
- Integration: Optimizer is designed to utilize actual study information to give the most accurate forecasting results. While Optimzer can use standardized comma-delineated data from other IWR systems, it has a native integration with BioClinica’s Trident IWR/IVR that maximizes efficiency.