The New Jersey Technology Council (NJTC) 2014 CFO Awards were held on June 12, 2014 at the Forsgate Country Club in Monroe Twp, NJ. Four awards were given by the NJTC, the premier membership trade organization in the region supporting technology companies. In addition, attendees at the CFO Awards Breakfast had the pleasure of listening to keynote speaker Tom Edwards, CFO, FieldView Solutions.
This annual event recognizes the accomplishments of financial executives from New Jersey and the surrounding region's diverse technology companies. The program offers awards in four categories: CFO of the Year, Financier of the Year, Deal of the Year and the Hall of Fame Award. The CFO of the Year award is presented to a Chief Financial Officer of a technology firm for outstanding contributions to his/her company's performance and accomplishments from January 2013 until present. While the Financier of the Year award is presented to a venture capitalist, investment merchant or commercial banker who has contributed to the economic development of New Jersey's technology community. The Deal of the Year award is presented to the CFO who successfully completed a merger, acquisition, buyout, buyback, or large round of funding during 2013 that resulted in increased revenues and growth for the company. Finally, The Hall of Fame Award is presented to a current or former CFO for multiple achievements over an extended period of time, in one company or several, that has elevated him/her to a level of recognition among community, peers, and others involved in the technology arena.
The winners were:
- CFO of the Year Award: Ronald Kasner, CFO, iCIMS
- Deal of the Year Award: Shane Kovacs, CFO, PTC Therapeutics
- Financier of the Year Award: Scott Feldman, Managing Director, Susquehanna Growth Equity
- Hall of Fame Award: Glenn Tynan, CFO, Curtiss-Wright
Also honored were Finalists:
- CFO of the Year: Wayne Ackerman, CFO, ATC and Brian Adams, Vice President, Finance, CareKinesis
- Deal of the Year: Thomas Conway, CFO, Amber Road and Ted Kaminer, CFO, Bioclinica
- Financier of the Year: Mitchell Hollin, Partner, LLR Partners and Thomas McCrohan, Managing Director, Financial Technology & Payments, Janney Montgomery Scott
- Hall of Fame: Chris Downie, CEO, Telx and James Houghton, CFO, OFS
For more information please visit: www.njtc.org
The New Jersey Technology Council provides business support, networking opportunities, information, advocacy and recognition of technology companies and their leaders. Founded in 1996, NJTC's member companies work together to support their own enterprises while advancing New Jersey's status as a leading technology center in the United States.